As part of our metaphysical journey through the Bible this past Sunday, we praised our lessons and blessings from 2013 and envisioned our seeds and successes for 2014.
We were guided by Genesis 29-32, when Jacob escaped his brother Esau‘s wrath by going to Haran. He was forced to wed Leah who gave him six sons and also had four sons by handmaidens Bilhah and Zilphah before he had two sons with his beloved Rachel. These 12 sons were not merely Jacob’s progeny, they represent his transformation in consciousness. He was not only blessed by enlarging his father-in-law Laban’s livestock and farms, he was also transformed by the renewal of his mind. Each son represents a step of Jacob’s progression into higher consciousness and also symbolizes one of the 12 gifts of our spiritual development.
The foundation for our study of these 12 gifts is Charles Fillmore‘s The Mysteries of Genesis, which can be accessed at www.truthunity.net, where a vast amount of resources available for metaphysical bible study. The Truth Unity website is also the home of our live-stream broadcasts.
At yesterday’s service, we did an exercise that you can do at home. We identified a lesson or a blessing from 2013 for each one of the 12 faculties represented by Jacob’s sons, and we envisioned 12 seeds or successes for 2014 for each one of these spiritual gifts. Our emphasis is not on material things but on transformation: not on what we get but how we demonstrate God’s absolute good in our lives. As Jesus said, seek first the Kingdom of God and all else will be added.
1. Jacob’s first son Reuben represents our gift of vision – our power to see – to discern spirit everywhere present. This means that we have to learn not to judge not by appearances but by righteous judgment – to know that spirit is conspiring to help us to do the work that we are appointed to do; that no matter what life looks like on the outside, God is always working on the inside. Last year, Spiritmuv was blessed to see life rightly. In 2013, we wanted to fill the Unity Center for the celebration of our 5th year with our Neo-Soul Sunday and the Drake Colley Quartet. We did! In 2014, our goal is to grow Spiritmuv so that others will benefit from our love and wisdom. WE HAVE THE GIFT TO ENVISION WHAT WE WANT TO MANIFEST.
2. Simeon, Jacob’s second son, represents hearing or, in a broader sense, our gift of receptivity. We have to be receptive to God’s good to experience it. We have to ask – believing that we will receive. We have to knock, allowing the door to infinite good to open. We have to seek, opening up our consciousness to find the good that is everywhere present. In 2013, Spiritmuv became more receptive to Spirit by following its calling to do a 365-day Meditation Challenge. Now, on day 365, we have stayed the course! Next year, we are blessed to continue listening and being open and receptive to Spirit, with another 365-day challenge. If you haven’t signed up already, you can do so at www.spiritmuvmeditation.com. WE HAVE THE GIFT TO BE RECEPTIVE TO GOD’S UNLIMITED GOOD.
3. Levi, Jacob’s third son stands for “uniting,” which is the gift of love, the unifying principle in consciousness connecting our forces with inexhaustible supply. Not only did Spiritmuv do a Sunday lecture series on love in 2013 – called the “Loving Chronicles,” we are ending this year with a meditation challenge called “Loving Success.”
Loving Success is our embrace of the energy of love flowing to us in a manner that allows us to succeed in every endeavor without limitation. In 2014, we will do a boot camp on love led by Marlon and Cecilia – to teach how to embrace love in every aspect of our being. WE HAVE THE GIFT OF LOVE WHICH IS THE GREATEST GIFT OF ALL.
4. Jacob’s 4th son Judah means “praise Jehovah,” which is the gift of accumulating spiritual substance. This is not merely our ability to acquire things but to praise its presence everywhere. In 2013, Spiritmuv had a Ten Laws of Prosperity Series, a ten-part lecture on the laws of overcoming, ownership, oneness, organization, obedience, operation, opportunity, order, offering, and opulence. This year, we will expand our consciousness of absolute good by sharing our messages on podcasts. WE RESURRECT AS THE FULFILLMENT OF GOD’S GOOD IN EVERY STEP OF OUR JOURNEY.
5. Jacob’s 5th son Dan is the gift of consciousness known as “good judgment.” Good judgment is more than the ability to make decisions, it is the ability to make them with spiritual insight. In 2013, Spiritmuv provided books that carry the consciousness of God in them through my book-signing at Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft for the Metropolitan Black Bar Association’s Speed Networking session. In 2014, we will be lifted up by a new book that carries a new consciousness of God – full of the wisdom that the ancients send to anoint words. WE ARE THE WISDOM OF GOOD JUDGMENT.
6. Jacob’s 6th son Naphtali stands for our gift of strength. Strength is our endurance and our stamina to stay the course and be better than we could ever be. In 2013, we were strengthened by a Spiritual Boot Camp led by Marlon on the 11 Military Orders.
In 2014, we will lead a spiritual walk/run in order to increase our stamina, our strength and our endurance. WE ARE A WONDER OF STRENGTH.
7. Jacob’s 7th son Gad is the gift of power; 7 is the number of spiritual accomplishments. Power recognizes that we can do what we want to do when we want to do it.
In 2013, we taped VICTORY IS MY NAME, produced by jazz artist extraordinaire Drake Colley. In 2014, we will share it with you. WE HAVE THE POWER TO CHANGE OUR LIVES IN AN INSTANT.
8. Jacob’s 8th son Asher symbolizes the gift of understanding, which corresponds to wisdom in the realm of Spirit. Through our knowing faculty within, we acquire a body of knowledge by study and observation of the world without. We just have to be open and receptive to the Spirit within. In 2013, Spiritmuv joined God is a Brown Girl Too for its 5th Annual Retreat – called “Hope of Glory,” aboard the Carnival Cruise Line Glory. We sailed to Nova Scotia, and all of our lives were filled with new understanding.
In 2014, we will enjoy our 6th annual retreat in Sedona, Arizona‘s Return to the Vortex Retreat at the Sedona Mago Retreat Center.
Register now at http://godisabrowngirltoo.webs.com/apps/webstore/. CHRIST IN US IS OUR HOPE OF GLORY, WHICH UNDERSTANDS ALL.
9. Jacob’s 9th son Issachar symbolizes the gift of zeal: the reward in whatever we do. In 2013, we were re-ignited with the energy of zeal through the sounds of the Drake Colley Quintet for Jazz Vespers at the Unity Center.
In 2014, we look forward to being blessed by the exceptional energy and excellence of the Drake Colley Quartet again. WE ARE ENERGIZED BY THE SPIRIT OF ZEAL.
10. Jacob’s 10th son Bebulun represents the gift of order. Perfect divine order is the order of all things in the Spirit so that events, connections, people, opportunities, and circumstances show up exactly when we need them. We always do what needs to be done when it needs to be done; we are always at our right place at our right time. In 2013, we began the creation of our newsletter archives on http://www.spiritmuv.wordpress.com.
In 2014, we will complete it. OUR LIVES ARE IN PERFECT DIVINE ORDER.
11. Jacob’s 11th son was Joseph who represents the gift of imagination. We are the dynamic co-creative energy of Spirit, with the ability to mold, shape and form out of the ethers. In 2013, we started Live-Streaming our Sunday services.
All you have to do is click on http://www.truthunity.net/lessons/spiritmuv or http://viewer.dacast.com/broadcaster/17448/c/33252 , on Sundays at 2:30 PM EST. In 2014, we look forward to building a full video library. WE ARE THE CREATIVE ENERGY OF SPIRIT.
12. Jacob’s 12th son was Benjamin who is the gift of faith. Benjamin represents an active, accomplishing faith that is so complete, it has no end and no beginning. In 2013, we began our metaphysical journey through the Bible. In 2014, we will continue our journey, growing in the knowledge and understanding of divine mind. WE ARE ONE WITH THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF CHRIST.
We can set our goals with our spiritual goal-setting inventory and accomplish them with a four-fold perspective to goal-setting: (1) by focusing on more than a few realistic goals each week; (2) by writing down our goals at the beginning of each week; (3) by using a reliable accountability partner; and (4) by giving thanks as the more thanks we give, the more blessings we receive.
“What have you done for me lately?” is not a question to ask at the end of each year but at the beginning of each week – and ask it again at the end of each month. Regardless of the answer, it is our opportunity to grow in the expression of our spiritual gifts. Why? Because the truth is we cannot accomplish our goals alone.
Job 23:14 says “God does the work that God appoints me to do.” God makes the plan; prepares us; and does the work that we are appointed to do. Ephesians 2:10 says “For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so that we may do them.”
God prepares us beforehand – so that we may be the fullest expression of good possible. Jeremiah 29:11 says “For I know the plans I have for you . . .Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.”
The truth is that our goals are co-created by God. We are simply the living vessel of God’s good.
If you listened to our service yesterday and simply want the form to continue your personal inventory for 2013 and your anointed vision for 2014, put your email address here so that we can send it
In the interim, we wish you the best for a wonderful new year!
Love and Blessings!